Sunday, April 2, 2023

CONSTRUCTION

Honestly, I had almost a year of efforts until I managed to find the material to build successfully the facades. I tried balsa, cardboard, thin laminated wood and cork sheets. None of them had worked for me. I decided to build it from plastic (a material which I am very familiar with) and finally felt pleased with the outcome. A lot of measurements had to be made to be historical accurate and keep the diorama in a practical size without a lot of dead spaces.

First photos are Anne Frank's building where the hideout was in Pinscengracht 263. 
     

         Next photo is Pinscengracht 261 building facade. The basement nowdays is a restaurant 


Buidings in its permanent position with window frames, windows and doors, all according to historical photos



Next comes the road section with the characteristic standard pavement of a Dutch street which gave me a lot of fuzzy thoughts on how to curve it correctlly. 

   The embankment wall  was the easiest and fastest part as it was the last to build and I have already      been used to cut brick and pavement sections in a plastic sheet.




The final setting of the major parts on my diorama

It looks like a lot with the original street section after some efforts and 18 months of testing since I decided this to become  my next project:)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment