Saturday, October 10, 2015


Making a river is always a challenge. Mine has about 1,5cm dept and needed four layers of clear resin to accomplished. Some turquoise blue added in the first two layers and the other two were clear to increase the feeling of depth.
 I made a frame with two strips of varnished wood and some tape. I then poored the resin layer every three hours 

The two first layers have that color

 No4 with some more dead leaves in the riverbanks

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Two minutes to midnight

All the figures were added exept one. Small details are waiting in the bench. River finished today with clear resin. Soon more photos of the finished diorama

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Some more progress. End is near. The basic scene has finished. A couple of figures in the backround ,small details and the river of course are next

Saturday, September 12, 2015

After a lot of tests with different tanks and vehicles I desided to built the Dragon's sdkfz 7/2 with the Griffon photoeched set. I add the figures in the selected poses and this how it looks now

Some accesories and small details are still waiting  in the bench.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Second tree added at last and some of the lower forest vegetation added today.
Paper plants,roots and real preserved leaves and grass added

Watermill wheel constructed from plastic and photographed unpainted in its natural position

I really hope to have some progress soon

Thursday, July 2, 2015

I made the first of the two trees that I am going to use in my diorama

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Some progress in a very difficult week.
 Mote details added internal the mill and the forest soil added. Roof constructed  from paparboard and painted in khaki colors

Thursday, June 25, 2015

New project

A new diorama is on the bench. It is placed in West Germany during the last two months of the war. I always wanted to construct a watermill and now it is the time to build it. This will also be my first diorama in a forest section so it is an opportunity for me to test my skills in presenting a nature environment.
The watermill walls cutted in cardboard and balsa beams glued were the wood supports should be. I create bricks from colored plaster and I built the walls between the wood supports. More plaster filled the sims and the section walls were ready.

 The base took shape with Dow blocks and  some paper tissue for a solid base to work on. White glue covered everything and sand and small stones sparkled over the entire base. The stone bridge and wall are made of plasterboard with with sculpted details. Bridge floor came from commercial mold .The rocks are natural stones in a very fine shape.

                                          A mill stone added in the internal